Appending text in a file

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Sat Apr 26 14:19:04 CDT 2003

Quoting Jason Clinton <me at jasonclinton.com>:

> To be fair, really should learn sed and awk sometime soon.

I've used them some, but I finally have to say that the O'Reilly book is
really crap.  It's far more interested in the archaic and arbitrary task of
formatting books and publications than anything I've ever wanted to do with
awk & sed, and the examples are far from clear.  I think it has one sentance
about the "append" command, throwing it in as a variant of "insert".