SCSI Install

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Apr 25 00:27:07 CDT 2003

Quoting Damon <damon at bswireless.com>:

>  I have recently aquired a hp NetServer 5/100 LM server.
> It contains 4 scsi harddrives and 1 scsi cdrom, 1 ide cdrom, 1.44 floppy
> i cannot get any distro to install with the cdrom.img nor with the
> other.img.

You didn't mention what distribution you'd tried to install.  If it has an IDE
CD ROM you should be able to use one of the more modern installers like
Mandrake or RedHat.  Not sure of the state of other installers, but I'm pretty
sure either Debian or SuSE has a good one, slackweare probably doesn't.

As Brian said, you do have to tell the kernel what SCSI driver to use, but
yours sounds pretty typical.