Linux goods in KC.

Zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Thu Apr 24 16:29:33 CDT 2003

Greg Kedrovsky wrote:

>Hey folks. I'm a former kcmo resident now living in Central America. I'm
>going to be back up in kc next week visiting and doing some work for
>some projects I have going. I was wondering if there is a computer shop
>(or some other kind of store) in the kc metro area that sells Linux
>stuff- software, bumper stickers, t-shirts, ballcaps, etc. Maybe someone
>out there has run across a store that has a "Linux section" or something
>like that. Best Buy usually carries distros, but I want "toys," too -
>you know? Does there even exist such an animal?
>
>My friends are housing me in Bucyrus, KS (and I have no idea where that
>is - sounds like "BF Egipt" to me!).  :-)  I'll be travelling from
>there to Raytown (just south of the Stadiums) about every day during the
>work week. So, I could hit any shopping center from OPK to Independence
>pretty easily. I will be pressed for time, though. Not a lot of extra
>time for "browsing." That's why I thought I'd hit you guys up for info
>first, to see if anyone has seen anything like this in the area.
>
>Thanks for help.
>
>-Greg
>
>Was this OT...? It's a Linux question... even though it's not too
>awfully techie... ??
>
>--------------------------------
>Through Sylpheed Mail on Red Hat 8.0 Linux
>Curri, San Jose, Costa Rica
>http://www.greg-and-sue.com/screenshot.jpg
>Yahoo! Instant Messenger ID: gregkedro

Yes, Bucyrus is pretty much BFE!!!  It is about an hour south of KC.
 The closest computer outlet with Linux stuff that I know of is
Microcenter at 97th and Metcalf.  (Take US 69 due north about an hour,
bear right on Metcalf and continue north for about 30 blocks.)

They have some software and a few toys, unfortunately, it is the best
selection of Linux stuff I have seen.  (Quite a few programs, some
stuffed pengiuns and some hats.)