Suggestions.

Dave Hull dphull at insipid.com
Wed Apr 23 02:46:11 CDT 2003

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Chris Wagner wrote:

> I need suggestions on the best distribution to run on older hardware
> (talking P1 or K6-2 at best).

Depends on what you're doing with the box, I suppose. I've got a K6-2 400Mhz
with 192MB RAM that I'm using for LAMP development. Distro is RH, version is
9.0. I have X installed but only have it running in rare circumstances. I'm a
command line junky, this box runs great. I work on it over SSH and it's
perfectly acceptable.

If I were using X all of the time and/or trying to play games or something, it
would probably be insufficient.

--
Dave Hull
http://insipid.com

Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
		-- W. C. Fields