ACK! -- CONTINUED

Aaron aaron at aarons.net
Sun Apr 20 04:06:06 CDT 2003

It's funny this should come up now.

At 5:30 this morning I got paged by two of my customer's machines
complaining about unauthorized processes running.  Sure enough, they were
hidden.

I spent the early morning moving data to backup servers, reloading the two
infected servers and then transfering back.  Someone must be on a rampage.

I'm moving through all our dedicated servers (at least the ones I have root
passwords on file for) looking for any other instances as we only have IDS
on the managed boxes.  Some of our customers have massive security on thier
boxes... and.... some don't... :(

Aaron