From across the pond

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon Apr 14 11:19:33 CDT 2003

It's interesting to note that I see more replies to spam in the list than I
see spam - although some does get through.  That's promising though, as it
indicates good discrimination on the part of spamassassin.

You know about the electricity being different - 240V, that's what the
alternate switch position on your power supply is for.  Every outlet has a
switch, but all the switches are backwards: down is on, up is off.

The trains are incredible.  There's a track a few hundred yards away from our
B&B, and all you hear is this low rumble like a jetliner coasting in for a
landing.  You can hear a bit of a "woosh" if it's one of those 100MPH trains.
No rattle, no banging across the joints in the rails, no flat wheels
going "bang, bang, bang" - and because they've eliminated "grade" crossings,
no blasting horns.  I'm miles away from the tracks in K.C., and it's much
noiser.

Haven't actually had a Guiness yet this trip, though I've been sampling the
local ales.

--
Live from Andover, England