NVidia Beefing up Linux Support

paul at kcnetcare.com paul at kcnetcare.com
Fri Apr 11 20:01:45 CDT 2003

I remember a month or two ago some people discussing fast computers and
video cards but Linux GUI ran slow. Maybe this will help...

Thunderbird writes "NVIDIA once again released new Linux drivers. This
release seems to fix the slow 2D problems of 1.0-4191, next it contains
official GeforceFX/QuadroFX support and the last new feature is a new
install/update tool for installing the drivers on [any distribution].

Download the drivers from
here:http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=linux_displ ay_ia32_1.0-4349"

NVIDIA has officially moved away from RPMs and the new setup utility is
awesome and makes driver installation painless on any distribution. Not
only that. the utility can keep your driver up-to-date when ran on a
regular basis. Go check it out. We will have a full review of this release
coming up very soon. (Read: Hopefully by this evening.)