Revolution OS

Jim Herrmann kclug at ItDepends.com
Sat Apr 5 08:50:22 CST 2003

I got my copy of "Revolution OS" today!  Most appropriately, I watched
it for the first time tonight using Xine on my Mandrake box.  It's a
wealth of great background on how it all started.  My kids hopefully
will like it, and I'm going to try to get my wife to watch some of it.
 It really doesn't get too technical, so it's accessable by the
non-technical like my wife.  It delves into a lot of the history and
philosophy of open source.  RMS gets quite a bit of face time.  It's
also nice to put faces, voices, and mannerisms to all these names I've
been reading about for the past couple of years.

I'm thinking I will bring it to the next KCLUG meeting and if anyone has
a DVD laptop, we can play it and watch it.  I suppose I could bring a
player and hook it up to that TV in the room, or the library probably
has a DVD player we could hook up.  At any rate, we should be able to
watch it during the meeting somehow.

Anyway, I recommend that you all buy it just to support the cause.  :-)

BTW, the Linux Fish looks pretty good.  It appears to be a shark.

Peace,
Jim