Blame it all on the firewall!

Kevin Hodle kevinh at aos5.com
Fri Apr 4 21:57:39 CST 2003

I can completely understand.. I used to work for Black & Veach solutions
group, and I sometimes have the urge to strangulate people who work
there.  I am having a much better experience at AOS, I don't know of any
other 21 y/o kid who gets to work with the high end hardware and network
equipment that I do.  I get to monitor client networks for intrusions,
build IDS solutions, and they even popped A LOT of money for a compaq
made high availability linux cluster+shared storage array that I got to
build from the ground up (linux-ha/heartbeat project).  Pretty cool,
even if they screw me on the pay (and trust me, they do).

By the way, we prefer 'egress filters', as well as 'Unicast reverse path
verification' when used in conjunction with 'Forwarding Information
Base' and 'Cisco Express Forwarding', but we tend to be very open on
terminology.

I am always up for a good flame war, I think computer people are
egotistical by nature, even more so with linux and networking people.
One of these days I will get off my ass and go to one of your meetings
so I can meet you fellas.

Kevin Hodle
(Signature Removed for Jeremy Fowler)

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Jeremy Fowler wrote:

> > This is whats called a 'work signature'.. You encounter them someday

> > when some unfortunate company makes the mistake of hiring you into
> > an IT position.

(On Jeremy's behalf to Kevin) Well - I was really biting my tongue the
whole time...  but since you opened this can of worms for me, and
considering I was once employed by those fine Alexander folks...  aw,
nevermind - you said it for me. 	unfortunate company
> It's always a good idea to limit what goes out your network.

Indeed - for those CCNA types, the phrase "egress routing" aught to jog
the memory a bit.

We having fun yet?  (C'mon Jeremy, trim those damned posts!)
D.