Blame it all on the firewall!

Jason Clinton jasonclinton at kcpipeband.org
Fri Apr 4 15:25:37 CST 2003

Matt Luettgen wrote:
> I was doing some port forwarding last night with smoothwall and when I
> was done I had someone nmap me from the outside world, everything looked
> normal but two ports which concern me because of the windows boxes on
> the network.
>
> 31337/tcp  filtered    Elite
> 54320/tcp  filtered    bo2k
>
> Any ideas of why Smoothwall wouldnt be blocking these?

The second one is Back Orifice 2000. Back in my script kiddie days, this
handy little tool would allow you to completely control a remote
computer. It's quite dated, now.

I don't know about the first one. I assume both of these are to block
standard trojan traffic.

--
Jason Clinton
I don't believe in witty sigs.