various items and questions

ghldbrd ghldbrd at ccp.com
Thu Apr 3 13:37:23 CST 2003

First, I'm using SuSE 7.2 / KDE2.  After a wobbly start it seems to have
settled down.

1.  Netscape tends to loose its way or hang after just a few webpages are
downloaded.  If the program shuts down, I can't restart it, and have to go
to Konquerer or Mozilla.  Now if I log out back to kwm startup, and re-start
K Desktop, things reset and I can use Netscape (6.?) again.  Is this a
Netscape, KDE2, or SuSE thing?  Not expecting a definitive answer, just
comments and observations.

2.  Because of the previous, I'd like to get a set of ISO's burned of the
new Redhat 9 distro.  I would like to see if RH has their ducks better
aligned than SuSE, before I quack up (sorry, couldn't pass that one up!!!)

3.  Is there a simple way to extract ASCII text from a Kword file?  I see
nothing in the docs, or help files to that extent.  I'm used to Abiword,
which saves its files as XML, and that is easy to edit down to vanilla
ASCII.  Kword seems to have its own format, or is it the same as
(ew--shudder) Microslop Word?

Your comments as always are welcome . . . .

Gary Hildebrand
St. Joseph, MO