Birch as an ISP

Jason Clinton jasonclinton at kcpipeband.org
Wed Apr 2 17:15:19 CST 2003

Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
> How's the actual connection?  Do you get good latency and bandwidth to
> most of the 'net?

Latency is good. There are a large number of internal hops that happen
inside Birch's own network but they happen very quickly so I don't have
any complaints.

The lines that go in to the building where this service is installed are
very old so they experience intermitent line quality problems. We can't
seem to pin point it enough to do anything about it but the Birch modem
will automatically resync to a higher bandwidth when it detects it's
available.

--
Jason Clinton
I don't believe in witty sigs.