Road Runner 550 Unable to Relay Error

Paul Taylor paul at kcnetcare.com
Wed Apr 2 05:28:04 CST 2003

There are few users in a house paying residential rates yet they run a
home based business.
Outgoing SMTP is smtp-server.kc.rr.com
Incoming is not Road Runner, but their domain.
It's a 100Mbps wired LAN.

It only happens to two of the users and it started two days ago.

I called Road Runner and I got "Using another incoming POP3 other than
RR isn't supported and you're violating our terms anyway so we're not
helping you."

I think it's their SMTP outgoing mail server because I seen a bounce
back when a user sent it to two different domains and the same bounce
back message had 550 error with both domains listed. What other MTA on
the Internet would see both outgoing mail at the same time other than
your own MTA?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul