Report slams SAP software

Parker, Ron rdparker at butlermfg.com
Tue Apr 1 21:32:49 CST 2003

Friends don't let friends run SAP.

SAP may rhyme with Clap but penicillin won't cure the it.

SAP'ing your resources.

When you have an enemy^h^h^h^h^competitor in a strong position what do you
do?  Send in the SAP'pers.

I could go on but I won't.

Seriously anyone ever involved with (or subjected to) a SAP deployment knows
its a big disaster.  The only thing SAP was ever really good at was
generating revenue for The Big 6 consulting agencies that were involved with
most deployments.  While they are great at pontificating how IS should be
done, as a rule they are lousy in the execution.  Consider that their
revenue is maximized when bringing as many staff members as possible to bare
on a deployment for as long as possible.

Given this business model, selling, deploying and installing unnecessarily
complex software is in their best interest.  Although not in the clients
best interests.  I have seen my share of $6,000 toilet seats from these
groups.  Fortunately my current employer has made judicious use of them and
never been roped into a long-term dead-end commitment with them.

I will say, the opinions in this email are my own and not necessarily those
of my employer.