List Mail with Viruses?

Steven Elling ellings at kcnet.com
Tue Apr 1 17:44:40 CST 2003

On Monday 31 March 2003 11:03, Parker, Ron wrote:
> I do
> recall a big mess up a few years ago that took out email for a number of
> weeks even with an MS SWAT team coming out to work on it.  (I didn't
> complain too much, a sympathetic tech offered me two free months out of
> the blue for the hassle right after I had received a free month for very
> minor disruption.)

I experienced the mess you are referring to, as well.  I called up their
Tech. Supportless team and they made the mistake of telling me what
actually happend and I probed for more info.

They had a cluster of MS mail servers and one day they decided to upgrade
all of them without even testing the upgrades first.  Needless to say all
of the servers in the cluster went south and they could not recover them.
If I remember correctly, they had to rebuild the whole cluster from
scratch.