Sniffing the serial port?

Tony Hammitt thammitt at kc.rr.com
Wed Jan 19 03:33:16 CST 2000

Here's what Freshmeat.net came up with for 'serial port sniffer':

http://freshmeat.net/appindex/1999/09/28/938505706.html

Text of page:

Linux Serial Sniffer

SLUGer - September 28th 1999, 04:01 EST

The Linux Serial Sniffer allows you to sniff serial data up to 460Kbs via
a Comtrol RocketPort or to 115Kbs using the standard ttyS0 and ttyS1 ports.
Sniffed output can be captured to disk or displayed directly on screen. A
user filter is included to assist specific customisation. The Linux Serial
Sniffer can selectively operate in either a "ghost mode" where there is no
data flow time impediments, or via a "capture and forward mode", where the
user can flexibily intercept and extend the data stream to suit from either
direction.

Download:

http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/apps/misc/serial_sniffer-0.5.tar.gz (530 hits)

Development Version: